Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Anyone else have trouble setting up Shorty Ultimates on the front end on an alloy Crux? I had to McGyver mine (which I think are actually a pre-production set) to get the pads low enough to contact the brake surface instead of the tire side wall. There's no way I expect this kind of thing for what these brakes cost so I'm thinking the bike/brakes are using some different standards for canti boss placement (is there more than one standard?) or the brakes aren't quite right/have been modified by the previous owner. I set up TRP EuroX and CR950s on this bike, both without issue. 

The rear went together fine except I had to file the bosses down a bit near the frame so the arms rotated freely. 

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Swap the brake pad/shoe holders out for a road set(less spacers) or call SRAM and they will send you new pad holder assembly with less spacers.
You could also try to swap the inside and outside orbital spacers. I'm not quite sure you can do it but you can give it a shot. The bike might work tonight instead of waiting around for extra bits.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service