Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Sorry if this has been done, I've been away from here for a while.

My season is short, and I'm no real contender. Previous years I've done everything on Speed King wired. They have some qualities, but they are hefty and drag in damp conditions.

For this year I'm thinking of Challenge Grifo open tubulars, or either of Schwalbes offerings Rocket Rons or Racing Ralphs.

I'm in England, so I'm not sure if that limits my market. So if you have any opinions or other recommendations I'd like to hear from you.

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The Kenda Straight Block 8 are pretty good all aound clincher.

I'd go with the Clement PDX.  If you're just going with one tread best to bias it towards mud. But in my experience the PDX has very little penalty in the dry as well. It's a very fast rolling tire with amazing grip.

I like the Grifo quite a bit but when it gets wet or greasy it's not an idealy tire.

Make that 2 for the PDX. It is fast, light and very grippy. I have no reason to run anything else.

Clément! that brings back memories, but youre teasing me now. Although Clément are just over the Channel in France (and I was training there last week) they seemed to have passed the UK and gone straight to you guys in the US.

But yes the range looks good, and to race on Cléments would be like being back in the seventies. 

I'm really interested in the PDX tires, too. However, I have to thin out the heard a bit and I just picked up a set of Panaracer CrossBlasters and Kenda Kommandos not too long ago. CrossMasters seem like they'll be a bit like the Conti Speed Kings - good grip, but a bit draggy in the grass and pavement sections. Kommando's gotten good reviews as an all-rounder but not sure in the mud and snow.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service