Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

SOLD F/S 2006 CAAD 8 Road bike, 52 cm Ultegra 10s group with Mavic Wheels

It's time to sell the road bike. I actually can't recall if this is the 2005 or 2006 version of the bike, but the frame is Cannondale's USA-made "Optimo" aluminum frame in matte grey, size 52 (53.5 top tube) with a Cannondale "Premium" full-carbon fork. The bike has a complete Ultegra 10-speed parts kit, except for a Sram chain which was recently installed to prolong drivetrain life. Mavic Ksyrium Equipe wheels in silver, wearing Continental Force/Attack tires (not the tires pictured). Handlebar, stem and seatpost are Cannondale house brand. The seatpost is carbon wrapped aluminum, the bars are 42 cm wide, stem is 100mm.
The bike has been ridden (about 3,000 miles), but well cared for. I have never raced, crashed or abused it. There are no dents, dings or paint scratches. The wheels are true and round. The bar tape is black, but I'll replace it with whatever color the buyer prefers.  I'm asking $900 for the bike, plus shipping, without pedals or bottle cages and without the saddle.
Cannondale is no longer making bikes in the U.S.. I think they still make great bikes, but you won't see "Handmade in the USA" anywhere on their bikes. This bike shares a designation with a bike that is in the current line, but the bikes have little in common besides the name. I have quite a bit of experience with the current CAAD 8, and IMHO this bike is much nicer. I'll be happy to answer any questions, or to provide more pictures. Sorry that the image below is sideways. The bike climbs great, but not as great as the picture would lead you to believe.

Views: 813

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Price drop to $800!
Price drop to $700!
Price drop to $650!
Very interested in this bike- where are you located?
I'm in Nashville.
Bike has been sold.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service