Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

I can't be the only one that thinks it's insane that SRAM doesn't sell the derailleur pulley bolts with replacement pulleys. You can order new pulleys, but the only way to get new bolts is to order the entire swing arm, which includes new pulleys anyway.

Given the conditions we race in, derailleur pulley bearings take a beating and I will often take the pulleys off and clean and re-grease the bearings. I know I'm not the only one that's boogered the hex socket in the pulley bolt taking them out. They're just so small and it's easy to do, even for experienced mechanics.

I have contemplated measuring up the existing bolts and getting some replacements made at my local machine shop. Would anybody else be interested in these if I can get them made?

That is, unless anybody knows of a good source for this part... which would be a lot easier... and probably cheaper.

Views: 148

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's hard for me to believe that a tool shop couldn't find a similar bolt. Have you tried a place like Tacoma Screw?

http://www.tacomascrew.com/

They helped me find taps to re-drill my canti posts and now they work great.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service