Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

I just competed in my first cx race yesterday, but there's something that I couldn't get out of my mind. I was passed by a guy riding a 29er hard tail with a Fox F80 fork. I was pretty jealous of the huge tires and suspension fork, but was wondering if the fork was legal to race on. Can someone fill me in about suspension forks in 'cross races?

Views: 76

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

congrats on your first cx race - hope you're already addicted! welcome to the sport.

suspension forks - they're legal in races where UCI rules do not apply. so in most races, they're fine. if you go to a uci race and race elite women, elite men, or juniors, they are not allowed. and also at nationals you can't use them.

are your courses pretty bumpy? one way to add a bit of cush and a bunch of speed is wider tires, tubulars, or a reliable tubeless system.
Thanks, Andrew! The race went well and though I started late in the season (really late) I'm definitely excited about the sport. I'll try running a lower PSI next time around. I was running 45psi on Hutchinson Bulldogs converted to tubeless with the Stan's kit.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service