Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

I have a brand new, never mounted Salsa Bell Lap 'cross handlebar (46cm) with standard 25.4mm dia. clamp area. I would like to swap for the same bar but with 31.8mm OS clamp - Salsa call this the Moto Ace Bell Lap.

I'll be using it with a Thomson X2 stem so would prefer the Moto Ace version but if there's no interest then I'll just shim my bar out and use it as-is.

My bar is not for sale, and I'm only looking for a 46cm Moto Ace Bell Lap in exchange - so please no other swap offers, no matter how interesting! Would prefer an exchange within Europe, but US is fine too.

Cheers, Gareth.

Views: 454

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Before you go unloading your 25mm check this out... I just bought a 31.8 Bell Lap. (both the Bell Lap and the Moto Ace Bell Lap come in standard and oversize, the difference is the matterial one is 7075-T6 al and the moto ace is 6061-T6 al.) The problem i'm having with my OS Bell Lap is the taper at the stem. Its very long so mounting cross brake levers is proving to be difficult due to the taper. i'll make it work since I don't want to buy another stem but it is something to consider. Maybe shimming it isn't such a bad alternative if you plan on using cross levers? Good luck in your search! if your interested I can post some pics later this week.
Thanks for the tip. Don't cross-top levers come in two bar diameters though, probably for this reason?

Are you possibly interested in a swap??

Cheers, Gareth.

No, I think I'll keep these and try them out this season. I attached a pic with what I was talking about. Where they're mounted now is ok but I would prefer to move them out about 1cm. as you can see if I do that, theyre hanging over the taper. If I get the smaller size they would be out too far. who know's i might not end up using cross levers anyway. we'll see.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service