Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Looking at my first set of tubs and they will see some training along with the racing.

My training often requires riding a bit of road to get to the trails (not massive kms) but there can be glass/debris strewn along them thanks to a lack of public drinking and open container laws here.

I've not had a real puncture problem thus far with my Vittoria XGs/WTB Crosswolfs, but with the switch to tubs I'm obviously a bit more concerned about not flatting.

Apart from running sealant and crossing my fingers/keeping my eyes open should i be looking at certain brands more than others?

I have loved my XGs for an all-round tyre so was thinking about going for them in a tubular, but all the positive reviews for challenge had me considering them but i'm wary of how they will deal with any sharp non-natural objects.

Or am I nervous about nothing... I'm pretty excited about getting these wheels.

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tufos will hold up fairly well plus you can run sealant in them.

Really though, try and run clinchers in training if you can. Tubulars are expensive and changing them when you get a big tear in them or wear out the tread is a pain.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service