Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Does anyone have any experience riding trek bikes in cyclocross? In particular the new Cronus cx ultimate. I'm having trouble finding any reviews and would be grateful for any thoughts

Views: 662

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

STIFF. This thing is perfect if you are all about efficiency. I had a chance to ride it in vegas for the trade-show. you'll need some supple tires and a cozy seat. But, you'll pin every line you aim for. If you are riding ruff and tumbling terrain, you might reconsider for something smoother. As for riding position, it's fairly neutral. you aren't feeling to teetery nor too far forward like other euro CX bikes. 

Thanks joey appreciate the advice!

I have been riding a Cronus CX since March of 2011.  Very nice and STIFF.  Like Joey said, aim it down a line and it goes there.  Power into the pedals goes to the bike.  Geometry works for me.  I got the same size as my road frame but you may want to make sure on that.

One thing that will take time to get used to is the top tube is wider than normal and your inner thighs will rub against it.  At first it is distracting but after time you will get used to it.

Like mine so much I ended up getting a second and will be selling my XO2 from last year.

Thanks Jim
The width of the top tube sounds an interesting one! I'll double check the frame size as I believe they come up bigger than stated

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service