Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

If you boot a tire with a sidewall cut, would you trust it to run tubeless?

Views: 498

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

UPDATE: After two races on this set up, it's working pretty good. I'm getting great grip on the grassy off-cambers and pretty good grip in the greasy-mud-in-the-grass sections. However I am going to have to bump up my pressures a bit as I burped the front pretty good on the first lap of my second race last week (coming down hill in to a couple of S-turns that if you had the grip, you could really rail. I was getting the hang of it and I think I pushed the front a bit too far). Head to pits, change wheel. Several laps later, the rear burps once on a less-than-graceful remount and then again on a pothole-type hit. Not wanting to give up the position I had just gained I finished the race on that tire instead of pitting and it held pretty good - at 20.5 lbs of air.

So next race I'll air up a bit more. As a bonus, I had indicated to my wife that I had flatted. She, not being very technical minded nor much more than an occasional rider, pumped up the flatted tubeless while I was racing in order to have it ready for me should I need it again with no inspection. It's still holding the same amount of air she pumped it up to. You can't even do that with a regular clincher without changing tubes. Wow.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service