Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

I don't have any experience with tubulars and will be running a set of Grifo Team Edition tubulars this year for races (probably around 10 races this season). I have been looking around to see what the expected lifespan would be on them(assuming I don't have any cuts or what not). I plan on using open tubulars when I am not racing so the tubulars would only see races. Will these make it through the season? Could I ride on these outside of racing and still have them make it through the season? I just have no experience on life span on these and am trying to plan ahead.

Thanks,

-Patrick 

Views: 212

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yes to both questions.  Mathematically more riding increases the likelihood of a flat, but there should be no problem with them lasting a season of training and racing given normal wear.  Seal the sidewalls and wash them down after wet races.  I seem to get about 2 years out of a set in this manner, the third year they start looking pretty ratty if they haven't failed by then so I replace them as insurance.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service