Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

OK, the old Michelin Muds aside: I found several NOS 'cross tires hanging up at a shop in a small town and they looked like they'd be pretty good mudd/loose conditions tires but maybe I'm overlooking something.

IRC V-Cross: found one. Yes it's labelled as 700 x 37 but the casing is closer to a 33 or 34. Big, tall knobs with plenty of spacing in between. May have some rolling resistance on pavement/grass but looks like it will have some real bite.

Trek Matrix Multi-Track: found one. Labelled as a 35 but may be a bit skinnier. I found one person who thought these were like gold but no other references to them. Knobs very similiar to the V-Cross above. Looks to be another good mud tire.

Vredestein Campos. I no longer have but wish I did. The set I had I used up as a general off-road trail tire. Casing made the ride feel so smooth (to my untrained rear). Somebody hording these?

Views: 167

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I hate to be the one to break it to you, train on them, don't race on old tires. You'd hate to take that one turn in a race and split your casing to to dry rot and other such age related tire failure.
Ah, good point.  Maybe one that should be headed by those that are diving for the elusive green Muds? I know, it depends on how they are stored, etc. But still a good point.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service