Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

What the Hee Haw - I've been to several shops and EVERYONE has the best CX bike. Do I really need to spend $2000 CAN to $3000 CAN to learn to ride cross?

The best bang for buck seems to be the Kona - Jake the Snake, but a fella at a local shop told me they were absolute crap because of their welding and lack of FULL 105 kit. Man I remember when I got my fist mountain bike - a Rocky Mountain Team Comp for $800 bucks, what has happened to cycling? 

Any suggestions on a reasonably priced and bomb proof steed?

All the best!

Rusty

Views: 392

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Congrats...I doubt you will ever have a single regret on the JTS. That shop guy was full of it. As has been said, unless you are a phenom, it is best to keep it real at first.

I personally ride a Major Jake that had Dura Ace and Ultegra all over it. After one race in the sand I moved the sweet parts to my 2nd road bike and put on 9 speed Tiagra/105. I have never regretted doing so and can now hammer my cx bike with no worries. Mud, sand and Dura Ace are a crazy mixture unless you are getting a DEEP discount on parts.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service