Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

The roadies break out their indoor vomit-comets as soon as the water starts to drizzle down, or when it gets a bit chilly outside. But that's prime cyclocross weather! Cold, wet, rain, snow, yee-haw!

So really, when do crosser's break out thier trainers? When it's sunny and 85 F?

Views: 113

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I live in South Carolina, and I've gladly ridden my trainer when it was too hot to go outside.

Typical standards for me are:

When it's ridiculously dark. Early before work, or late after work.

Severe weather. Bad lightning/thunder. Heavy winds closing in on tornado velocity.

I also used my trainer a few times last season for tabata intervals. Mainly because I was afraid I wouldn't be able to get home if I did them on the road. Otherwise, I avoid it.
I've been keeping my road bike in the trainer. I've got an infant, and on the days when I'm home with her I can jump on when she's napping for an hour or so. It's that or only ride twice a week, or so.
It's dark when I get back from work already... I love the trainer. I occasionally ride with lights, but I'm sort of obsessive about cleaning my cx bike, and don't have enough time to to both train AND clean my bike multiple times a week. The trainer works well.
That's an easy one.......We bust out the trainer in the pit for warm up!
It is why I do cross. As a roadie, a trainer is how you pray. CX it is being a whimp.
Joseph is right, in the pits for warm up. I like a place near the couse w cowbell handy. Super high intimidation factor!
Sothat was you! Geez, I'm just trying to get by in the C race, dude!
You can always tell the guys who ride the trainer by the blinding whiteness of their calves.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service