Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Why have I come to find that no one in the cross world really cares for Trek, I thing the out of the box build up for the 2010 X01 is pretty fair for the price.
Or am I just misreading feelings?

Views: 168

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree about the Treks, once you see one in person they look great & are a great value. I think part of the problem is the geometry, I have raced on both Ridleys & Cannondales and feel that the C'dales handle better. (lower bottom bracket). With that said, is there a reason why many people are going to Stevens FROM Ridley's because they have a lower bottom bracket?
Now if you look at the Trek's they have a real low BB drop. By my calculations they have a 75mm drop which is huge. (Rileys are 61mm, Stevens 65mm.)
I hope that someone could shed some light on this from Trek or a shop employee, as I will be switching to a different brand this season & want it to be a Trek but not if it is going to handle like a cruiser.....
I always thought part of it was that Trek was seen as the bid, bad corporate entity. But I've always been a fan of their bikes and know a couple of folks that race them with good results.
I don't see many Treks here in the UK either. I was watching one guy on one and noticed his Trek was the first to suffer with clearance problems, and that's a big issue here.

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service