Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

With CX Worlds next weekend its that time of year to think about what you will change on your bike for next season.

What do you guys have planned? For me it is pretty boring, keep the same bike but build a few sets of (rim brake) tubular wheels.

Views: 1032

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm in the same boat, pretty boring. I may look at Mini V's but other than that my rig is pretty set, just need to improve the "motor".

Mini-Vs, need to work on motor. Maybe some saddle swapping. And abusing my new Techlite wheels.

I'm on a new team this year and we are getting a good deal on giant bicycles so I'm going to pick up two of the tcx 0 cross bikes.  Haven't ridden a aluminum bike in ten years so  it's going to be a big switch from the steel bikes I've been riding.

i'm looking at a hopefully getting a custom steel CX with disc brakes and internal cable routing.  need to make this future proof when hydros come available.

my stigmata will remain as pit and/or SSCXer.

I'm waiting for the last pieces so I can try to build some alloy tubular wheels. I tried a friend's a few times this season and I now understand why people go nuts for tubulars!

And just this morning, my builder sent off my titanium 'cross frame for a custom paint job. It will have the builder's logos in addition to my team's logos. The geometry has those few tweaks that should make it a perfect fit. I'm super excited. Bike is from 333fab in Seattle.

333Fab, Baller!

I'm excited to get to work on a whole new setup. I'm trying to source a 56cm carbon frame to swap components off my Focus Mares which ended up just being too big (58cm). And probably building up a singlespeed for even more race agony!

Let me know if you're looking to offload that Mares frame.

Custom Indy Fab Planet X steel with Enve carbon fork in the works. Will run Avid BB7 or BB7 sl discs probably with Stan's Iron Cross tubeless. Can't wait.

Just finished building my Redline Conquest Team. Went with Stans tubeless wheelset which ride way better than my old Ksyrium clinchers. Not a fan of the internal routing but the bike rides awesome and is a few pounds lighter than my Steelman. Just finished building a wheelset to convert my Steelman frame to single speed (eno rear hub). Have a 10 year old Kelly frame (think it is a 53cm, 55 cm top tube) with WoundUp fork, some low end Kysruim wheels, Paul cantis, xtr cranks and DA rear derailleur collecting dust. PM me if you want any of this. Will sell cheap.

I'm looking for a new carbon bike, last 2 years raced the Redline carbon Conquest, and the power transfer was great! My only complaint was a lack of mud clearance in the rear stays, esp. the chainstays.

I'm going to demo a Foundry brand Harrow, which looks to have a lot more clearance from some photos of the underside of the chainstay/bb area. Also interested if anyone has ridden a Scott Addict CX, with their mudmax stays? 

I am also a HUGE fan of Wilier road bikes, and based solely on their ride and handling, I ordered a Wilier Carbon cross. The photo I obtained doesn't really give me a great impression of a lot of mud clearance, but it should be a great gravel bike/dry course racer/ road ride in the rain type machine. 

Anybody out there got any experience with any of these bikes yet?

I may just build a Redline SS for the late season slopfests and be done with it! 

Foundry looks like nice bikes, especially that MTB hardtail. But no prices? Do they sell online for people not in Minnesota?

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service