Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

Thank you to everyone who came out to the Smithville Cyclocross Festival. It was a lot of hard work putting everything together, but it seemed like everyone was enjoying themselves.

Thank you to Carolynn and Heather for all the food. I know I ate my fare share. Loved that lemon cake.

Pictures and results are up www.kansascitycross.com

Did anyone else get wind burn?

Sorry there was no mud. I know a lot of you were wishing for it....

Views: 33

Replies to This Discussion

An excellent course, good pavement choice. Lots of speed even on windy stretches.
Had a great time. Thanks for all your efforts.
It was a rockn course, nice work! I still think you should remove roots from it, they bite!
schweet courses (esp Sunday)

Now some house keeping:

A. No call ups in 3/4 race. Officials tried to remedy the situation quickly, A couple of guys were behind me.
-- soulution: First race of the series(Lenexa) if you pre-reg you get a call up. At second race(CC) Points leaders (top 5) then pre-reg gets call ups and so on through the series. PLUS these call ups need to be consistent.

B. No information about the first lap primes. I believe it was on the website.

C. Numbers – there seems to be a disconnect between officials and registration about keeping them for the series, or getting new ones every race. one of my guys prereg’d and had one assigned to him, but got a different one when he showed up. I heard one official telling a rider to keep his number for the remainder of the series. One official told my guy to toss it later...hmmmm

This is NOT a bitch session just a heads up what people (of all teams) are talking about in the pits.

I always like to leave on a happy note so here it goes: seems as though the officials got the placing correct for the weekend. KUDDOS
A. That was my fault on sat. on the 3/4 = I didn't get the list over in time.
B. My fault again - I told the officials ..but they don't always remember - so I tried to make sure I made it to the starts on Sunday to make sure it was covered. (maybe by the last race I will remember that stuff:))
C. We have gone back and forth about numbers. Race #1 numbers were not regulation size so that is why you had different numbers at Race #2. Margretta was trying to help bring down some costs....it gets too confusing - So- the final word on numbers is: You get a new one every race!

I appreciate your comments! It helps us get better each time and our job is to make you all happy and everything easy so you can ride your bike and have a great time!
See you at the next one! H
"...numbers were not regulation size..."

Are you kidding me? Why is the size of the piece of material the number is printed on such a big deal? I can understand the need for viability, but c'mon they weren't that much different in size.

Some rules are just stupid and should be overlooked.

Overall a great race on what I thought to be a difficult course. Not just because of the wind but the constant on and off the gas, up and down the grassy hills through the corners, over the barriers, oh and don't forget about the killer hill. I would have liked to seen the course widened coming off the starting pavement entering the grass. It was physically big enough, but visually and psychologically it would have helped while in the masses during the starts.

This race drew a crowed from a distance. It was nice meeting racers from Jeff City and hearing them say they wish they had this type of racing out there. Not just our race calendar, the course designs or the number of racers, but the atmosphere and level of enthusiasm everyone has. So great job KC area cyclocross racers for making cross in KC what it is the world over.
Hey Heather!

hey, no one's fault, and def not intended for finger pointing. there is no love in race promotion and you can not make 260 primadonnas happy every race. if you make me happy that's all that matters ;-)

thanks for commenting back!

Amy and I will be up soon to get some insoles...THANKS!
Justin

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service