Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

bike tech & setup (1,119)

Featured Discussions

How Should You Upgrade Your Bike? We're looking for bikes to make-over!

After hearing the question "What should I do to upgrade my bike?" a whole bunch of times, we at CXM decided to do something about it. First…

Started by Molly HurfordLatest Reply

Recommend me Tubeless vs. Tubulars for next year

Hi folks It's time to upgrade from clinchers, so I'm looking for recommendations for tubeless or tubular wheelsets. I'm getting a lot of pe…

Started by Marc JLatest Reply

Building out an old mountin bike as a cross racing bike? Any advantages?

A local bike co-op is doing a build-a-bike class this winter -- bring in a bike, over 6-8 weeks take everything off, overhaul, put it all b…

Started by curt kLatest Reply

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Shimano Mech/Hydro Groupset

New, never used Shimano 11-speed mechanical shifting, hydro braking groupset. $1150 shipped. Includes: Mech/Hydro levers, hoses, and calipe…

Started by Erin

1 Dec 8
Reply by Erin

HOW-TO: Di2 Sprint Shifters in a 1x10 application

So I'm thinking about a project bike that the SSCXWC frameset got started in my head. I also saw Brian Bressler's post on his Asylum build…

Started by Jeff McCachren

0 Dec 2

Tufo (or other) - tubular for clincher? open tubulars?

Hey guys,  So I'm in a bit of a pickle with tires/wheels. I'm a 200 lb Cat 3 rider, and after taco'ing a Stan's Iron Cross front wheel, I d…

Started by Nathan Masek

3 Dec 2
Reply by Jeff McCachren

sizing of a Giant Bike

Hello, I am hoping to go look at a bike I found on Craigslist. I live very far away from any shops that carry cx bikes, so I ned to go this…

Started by Jon Paul

0 Dec 2

What's a good, stiff fork crown mounted cable stop?

I'm riding an older frame with a 1" steel fork steerer and want to avoid the front end brake judder and still use cantis.   I've used the T…

Started by Sam Rector

0 Dec 1

Trek Boone + Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 = Dropped Chain

The Trek Boone and Shimano Dura-Ace Di2 electronic drivetrain doesn't seem to be a good combo: See Sven Nys' mechanical issue at 11:50 time…

Started by Erik Annis

0 Nov 29

Cold weather setup questions

tips needed - I need pants with full length zippers for warm up riding - links and reviews anyone? - how do you warm up yet keep the feet…

Started by david taylor

4 Nov 17
Reply by david taylor

Recommend me Tubeless vs. Tubulars for next year

Hi folks It's time to upgrade from clinchers, so I'm looking for recommendations for tubeless or tubular wheelsets. I'm getting a lot of pe…

Started by Marc J

39 Nov 17
Reply by Paul

Tubeless Mud Tires...What are you using?

I'm currently using Vittoria Cross XG Pro TNT with Velocity A23's and Sstans.  Setup was perfect. Running 24 and 26 psi, with no burping th…

Started by Erik Flink

0 Nov 10

Katie Compton dropped chain 2 days in a row at Cincy3???

What is up with the Shimano drive train (Dura-Ace) that has allowed Katie Compton to drop her chain 2 days in a row at Cincy3? I wonder if…

Started by Erik Annis

2 Nov 6
Reply by Adam_Mac

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2014   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service