Saturday, January 10th
We're back to the place it all started. Dan Galvin Park at the Bennett Valley Golf Course will host CXSR #4! Once again we'll be there with live music, awesome prizes, super-fun CX course layout, heckling, beer and the whole bit. And we have something new...$5 showers at downtown Santa Rosa's 5th Street Fitness for all event participants!
Just show up and let them know you're with Bike Monkey's cross race and they'll let you use their facilities after your race for a measly five bucks! THEY ROCK!Saturday, February 14thCXSR #5 Championship Race has been MOVED
New location: Doyle Park, same as CXSR #1. Close to downtown, and full of super freaking fun drops, risers, runups and a bad-ass kiddie playground sand trap we'll make sure it's fun. Why the change? Juilliard Park is just too small. After a bunch of back and fourth over whether to host this event there we decided the size of the park and its difficult parking arrangements will make it challenging for participants and spectators. But in the spirit of being near downtown we're going to move to Doyle Park which is just a few blocks away.Velove: Winter Bike Festival
We're breaking out everything on February 14th for bikes to such a degree that we're calling it the Winter Bike Festival produced by the Sonoma County Bicycle Coalition, the City of Santa Rosa and Bike Monkey.
The second CXSR #5 ends, the festivities downtown in correlation with the coming Tour of California are going to EXPLODE.
Save the dates--February 14th and 15th.
- $5 Showers: The same $5 showers are available to race participants who want to stick around town and be comfortable
- The After Party: at the SCBC's downtown offices, live music, lounge area, dancing, food, drinks, prizes and more.
- Watch Parties: Participating pubs will have a special cyclist happy hour, and at 8:00pm they will broadcast the prologue of the Tour on their TV's and projectors.
- Rest: Grab a friggin hotel room!!
- Stage 1: Sunday morning it starts all over again with a brand new Railroad Square festival that includes Goldsprints, and a barage of other more adult-oriented festivities. By the afternoon you'll be chomping at the bit as the first stage of the TOC powers its way in over the Mayacamas and tears around our city streets.
- Follow along with Bike Monkey for the remainder of the tour on our website for daily play by play of this year's Tour stages as we race along with the pros and get ourselves behind the lines for up-close and personals with your favorites. (EVENTS / Amgen TOC)
The gist of it is that you out-of-towners are going to fall in love with Santa Rosa, even if you don't have a date for Valentine's day. So save the dates, and plan on being here. Anywhere else will be, well to put it frankly--boring (no offense Anywhere).