Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

With Sven changing to a Campagnolo equipped team we could have seen a switch from Shimano to Campy for Sven this season but from this recent image from the Tour of Belgium it looks like Sven will remain with Shimano
http://www.svennys.com/

Views: 78

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

maybe he'll try to please them both with my favorite frankenstein setup - campy levers on shimano drivetrain.
Oh dear Andrew, a Shimano rear derailleur. That's unfortunate, luckily Shimano have increased their spring tension for the 09 derailleurs.
I guess the lucky thing for Sven is he gets to ride the same frame as his former team. As for the new helmet sponsor it's typical euro helmet ugly
Maybe Sven will be lucky enough to get the new Super-Record 11 speed set-up. He'll be one faster than everyone else then. Apparently ...
yeah well - at least as a sponsored rider his mechanic can afford to put a new chain and cassette on for each lap... i'm skeptical about the durability of that 11sp stuff for crappy conditions...
I'm no engineer, and I didn't sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night, but I've got a good idea how that 11 would work in some mud.

1 faster!

That is if the mechanic runs behind the bike with a computer keyboard air cleaner, blowing out the cassette ....
Maybe it's a contractual issue. Sven terminated his contract early and came to a mutual agreement with Rabobank and Landbouwkrediet to transfer. He may have a separate contract from Shimano and is just waiting it out....or not.
Sven was a Shimano sponsored rider meaning he rides Shimano wheels as well as their shoes. I suspect his team will let him keep his Shimano on the bike.
I also hear he's making the switch to TRP brakes this season.
I spotted Sven's new teammate Filip Meirhaeghe in Vail on Saturday at the Teva Mountain Games, he DNF'd the XC. I guess he doesn't have any issues returning to the scene of the crime (he tested positive at an out of competition test in Breckenridge a couple of years ago)
That is if the mechanic runs behind the bike with a computer keyboard air cleaner, blowing out the cassette ....

BWAHAHAHA

LMFAO

*brilliant*
Sure, ha-ha, it's funny now, but honestly I dig my campy set-ups, garlic flavor and all, and this 11 thing makes me feel ill. I just now figured out how to keep the chains from snapping on my 10s, and now this @#$%! I thought the 9 was good enough and now it's time for news at 11?

Well, it's good to be old. By the time the 9s and 10s are obsolete, I will be too ... sorta like the WHO song ... "hope I die before I get old" ... or before they make me switch my bikes all over to 11 speed ... or get disc brakes ... or put a Shimano mech on a perfectly good Campy set-up bike ... why Andrew, WHY!?!?! JUST PUT THE SHIMANO DERAILER DOWN AND STEP AWAY FROM THE BIKE!
I just now figured out how to keep the chains from snapping on my 10s

if that ain't a ringing endorsement...

sheesh - stuff should not snap out of box... not after lots of figuring...
hey, starving publishers buy what they can afford...and that's super-used shimano derailleurs on ebay. :-)

anyway, share your info with folks on how you snapped and then avoided snapping 10s chains...

i've only snapped one chain and it was a 10sp too...
While I love all Campy drivetrain components the one item I skip are the chains. When ten speed came out I snapped two chains in one season - and I ain't that strong or big! I think it was just bad luck, though chain breakage in the first year or so of the 10s went around like some kind urban myth. Since then I've been running Wipperman's which shift better, and last a longer, and don't break. Last year I did run one of those new ultra-thin-mint Campy chains on the road and it's worked okay (I got it dirt cheap), but I'll replace it with a Wipper when the time's up. Also on cross bikes the Wippers shift better than the campy chains when they get crap in 'em. And that ain't no lie!

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service