On November 30th, something awesome is going down and we want you to be a part of it!
We've been given permission by the City of New York to put on a cyclocross race in Staten Island. There hasn't been a cyclocross race in the NYC area in almost 10 years and we thought it would be pretty spectacular to start it up again.
The race is on Staten Island- a mysterious and magical place, easily accessible from New Jersey, Long Island, and the rest of the Metro area.
The race is on November 30th- the weekend right after Thanksgiving, and the Day after the New Jersey 'Cross Championships. This will be one of the last race weekends you can double up on before nationals come around!
Why come to our race?
* Come and support the growing 'cross scene in the NYC area. Every year, more and more people get into cyclocross, making it more popular than ever. NYC has been without a cross race for far too long, so be a part of something historic!
* Come for the awesome course we put together. With the help of some Portland CX expertise, the course we've designed promises to be challenging- we've got something for everyone: A 100 Meter Beach run (the course is right on the water), a Circle of Death, barriers, a rooty-rutted-leaf covered run up, and some good old-fashioned tree-slaloms.
* Come for the Prizes- Awesome trophies, Cash for Elite men/women/masters, and great merchandise from NYC Velo, Cadence Cycling and Multisport Centers, Sportique Skincare, and Honest Tea, as well as some "Staten Island ONLY" Premes.
* Free Belgian Waffles by "Wafels & Dinges" Master Thomas Degeest (sponsored by Visitflanders.us and velo classic tours)
* Killer jams by DJ Kendra, who will be dropping beats all day.
* Any profits from the race will be donated to Ichallengemyself (http://ichallengemyself.org
) - a nonprofit dedicated to fighting childhood obesity and getting disadvantaged youths on bikes.
* Come work off the marathon binge eating session you will have just gone through after T-day. We know we'll need to…
All info can be found on the race site:
Check out these videos of the course!
Feel free to email us with any questions! This is going to be an awesome race and will hopefully be a long-running tradition from here on out.
CX you later,
Jed & Christophe