Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

training (73)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Need some advice on handling turns

In two of my three races this year, I started in great position, but went into the corners too aggressively and hit the deck. It happened t…

Started by Robert Annis

14 Mar 10, 2012
Reply by Joshua N. Schwiesow

Training Advice - Flat Avoidance with Training on MTB Trails

I usually train on the road and dedicate one day a week to cx specific training in a grassy park.  This works well until we race a course w…

Started by David Gearhart

3 Oct 19, 2011
Reply by J.D. Kimple

Ronde van West Portlandia

I'm in Portland for the week and was thinking of doing the crazy west hills ride where you follow the Flandrian lions. Do any locals know i…

Started by Mark Norton

6 Aug 24, 2011
Reply by Mark Norton

Riding in Disney world

Headed to Disney world (Orlando) with the family and we are taking our bikes, anyone have any good suggestions on places to train or just r…

Started by Rick Mellendick

2 Mar 29, 2011
Reply by brianhancock

upgrading for 2011: bike, or body?

When my partner asked me if I wanted to upgrade my bike for next year, I answered that since we probably couldn't afford to upgrade both my…

Started by Beth Hamon

5 Mar 23, 2011
Reply by Erik Nordenson

Starting too fast

Just thought I would throw this out there to see if anyone has any good advice.  I have found the last two seasons that my starts are killi…

Started by Patrick McCue

22 Jan 18, 2011
Reply by Mackenzie Carson

MORE COWBELL, LESS BRAKE: Things I'm learning... things I have yet to learn

As this is my first full season of 'cross there's a lot I've been trying to absorb and/or learn. Here's roughly where I am at:   1) More co…

Started by J.D. Kimple

1 Nov 9, 2010
Reply by garau

Anyone using IBike?

I am looking into switching from HR based training to power and like the price of the IBike powermeter. It looks like lots of people have h…

Started by Serac

3 Oct 15, 2010
Reply by Michael Schlitzer

Women's Clinic featuring Alison Powers 10/16 Boone, NC

Alison Powers (8th at Cross Vegas, 2009 NRC Champ) will be leading a Women's Only cyclocross clinic on Saturday, October 16 in Boone, NC. G…

Started by Pirate Race Productions

1 Oct 15, 2010
Reply by Pirate Race Productions

Beginner - Training Advice

Raced my first cross race last weekend and got killed. It was to be expected but I'd like to do better.  I have 2 days a week I can devote…

Started by Charley Howarth

16 Oct 5, 2010
Reply by J.D. Kimple

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service