Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

noob questions (156)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Starting Out

My name is Chis and I'm thinking about buying a cross bike and getting started this coming up season and racing. This is my first post on t…

Started by Chris

2 Jul 6, 2010
Reply by ZenNMotion

On average how long will an aluminum cross frame last? I'm looking into a Rock Lobster.

I was just wondering if anyone has experience with an aluminum or scandium cross frame, such as those built by rock lobster?  I was wonderi…

Started by Trevor

5 Jul 6, 2010
Reply by ZenNMotion

Finding an '09 or '10 Kona Major One

None of my Kona authorized LBSs (within +80 miles of me) carry the Major One, which I guess isn't a surprise since it's probably not a high…

Started by Ed SC

0 Jun 30, 2010

Commuter Cyclocross bike?

Hey everyone, I'm obviously new here. I didn't see any guidelines or rules for posting, so let me know if this is in the wrong place.I boug…

Started by Jeramy P

2 Jun 17, 2010
Reply by Jeramy P

Routine Cleaning?

Please start with the basics and the bare essentials.  CX is not the cleaniest of sports.  What do you suggest for cleaning your bicycle fr…

Started by Mike Wahlin

1 Jun 12, 2010
Reply by cxchiva

Fixed Gear versus Single Speed Cyclocross

Sheldon Brown has a good post on Fixed Gear versus Single Speed, in that one you can coast and the other, the pedals constantly spin as lon…

Started by Mike Wahlin

7 Jun 2, 2010
Reply by Jeff

Mavic Ksyrium SL

Hey I have a brand new set of Mavic Ksyrium SL tubulars with Vittoria XM EVO's.  What are those worth?

Started by Patrick McWilliams

2 Apr 15, 2010
Reply by Dan Davis

Cyclocross Group in/ around NYC??

Normally, when I think of U.S. cyclocross I think to myself, I would love to live in Oregon.  Since I don't have that option, does anyone…

Started by Mike Wahlin

2 Apr 10, 2010
Reply by Mike Wahlin

Buffalo/Western New York cross scene?

Anybody know if there's a cross scene in Buffalo NY area - and how I could get hooked into it?   I'd like to find somebody to show me the r…

Started by Joe B

2 Mar 29, 2010
Reply by brenden conway

how to improve remount technique?

I'm a cross noob - not racing yet, but planning to. I've been practicing my dismounts and I'm doing okay. I can pick up the bike smoothly a…

Started by Joe B

10 Mar 29, 2010
Reply by Joe B

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service