Cyclocross Magazine

Cyclocross Community, Forums, Classifieds, Photos and Videos

bike tech & setup (1,432)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Brake pads/blocks

I asked this on bike radar and didn't get a single response. Guess no-one racing cross reads that site.... Need some new brake pads for my…

Started by Steve Kirk

4 Dec 17, 2009
Reply by Steve Kirk

Top Levers... Do you use them?

I was out hitting the trails yesterday on my (newly built) Crosscheck and I noticed that I never used the top levers. When I had my hands o…

Started by CrankyMonkey

15 Dec 17, 2009
Reply by Dan Davis

Avid Shorty Ultimates

anyone seen or better yet used these brakes? I have a strong interest due to the versatility and East cost this year was either VERY fast o…

Started by Rick Mellendick

5 Dec 15, 2009
Reply by JesseD

Best CX tires for rockly trails

Now that the CX season is over I'm looking to hit the trails with my CX bike. Anybody out there with recomendations with good clincher tire…

Started by Larry Towner

6 Dec 14, 2009
Reply by BastilleCX

Jamis Supernova $700

2009 Jamis Frame/Fork/Headset. 56cm Frame has 300 miles on it, no dents but a few little scratches. Headset is still very smooth and fork…

Started by Britton Kusiak

0 Dec 6, 2009

Feedback on Focus and Scott cross frames

Looking for feedback on Scott and Focus cross bikes. Comfort. Clearance. Stiffness. Geometry. Let me know what you think.

Started by Lance Johnson

0 Dec 5, 2009

Fork chatter

Ever had fork chatter when braking? Figured out a way to fix it? I've found toe-in and pad material can usually fix it most of the time. Bu…

Started by Tire Snob

13 Dec 2, 2009
Reply by Rich

Will there be warmup trainers at Natz?

Like they did at KCCX. Anyone know? Trying to decide if I need to lug mine out there. Hopefully not. Next best option would be to rent one…

Started by Leah

1 Dec 2, 2009
Reply by Emil

Derailleur destruction

This weekend at Jingle Cross I destroyed a derailleur Friday night and a hanger Saturday. Lots of other people had the same problem. Many r…

Started by robert garner

11 Dec 1, 2009
Reply by Denny Albertson

REgluing tires midseason?

Does anyone rip off their tires and reglue them mid season? I rolled a tire today because I took a u-turn way too hot and there was a step…

Started by Katsu Tanda

5 Nov 29, 2009
Reply by Chris Mayhew

RSS

Sold something in our classifieds? Find this site valuable?

Consider a donation to the cause. We're cheaper than eBay fees, and it helps us here at CXM keep the lights on!

Enter any amount below, and click on the cow for some good karma. Thanks!

Amount:

Badge

Loading…

© 2024   Created by Cyclocross Magazine.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service